Hi everyone, we are pleased to announce the release of Debugger Canvas version 1.1. This version includes a number of bug fixes, new features, and improves performance. Some of the new features are:
– Easily turn Debugger Canvas on or off, even in the middle of a debug session.
– Quickly navigate up and down the call stack in the canvas using the keyboard or the mouse.
– See Multiple threads together on the canvas, each thread identified by its color.
– See recursive calls side by side.
– The option to edit code directly in the code bubbles is enabled by default.
This last "feature" is actually nothing new. You could always edit code directly in bubbles by checking the checkbox in Tools -> Options, but some users didn’t know that option existed so we frequently heard the feedback that you wished you could edit code directly in the bubbles. This time we just simply enable that feature by default if you’re installing Debugger Canvas for the first time.
To install this updated version of Debugger Canvas you must uninstall the previous version of Debugger Canvas first. (Or install QFE 2581019 from http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/Downloads/DownloadDetails.aspx?DownloadID=38654 before installing the update.) This is because Visual Studio 2010 SP1 has a bug which prevents signed VSIXes from being updated. I will also post a sticky thread in the forum since I’m sure many of you will attempt to install version 1.1 on top of 1.0 without reading the instructions first. I would do the same thing!
You can read more about the new version and read the updated guide from the usual home page here:
Or you can skip straight to the download and get the VSIX directly from here:
Thanks to everyone for their continued support and we sincerely hope you enjoy Debugger Canvas version 1.1!