Matt Tavis told us what is new in remoting in .Net 2.0 in a newgroup post.
|Subject:||RE: New Changes?|
|From:||“\”Matt Tavis [MSFT]\””||Sent:||7/21/2004 1:05:19 PM|
Here is a list of high-level features for remoting in Whidbey (.NET
– IpcChannel – This is a same-box cross-process channel, which avoids the
reliance on a network stack a la Tcp and Http Channels.
– Secure TcpChannel – TcpChannel now support encryption, signing and
authentication via new underlying SSPI APIs in System.Net
– Version Tolerant Serialization – more a serialization feature but this
allows for versioning of types without worrying about failing to
de/serialize when communicating with older versions on the client/server.
– Generics support – Full use of generics is supported in remoting
– IPv6 support – Supports IPv6 addresses
– Connection cache control for TcpChannel – this allows the control of the
connection cache timeout to better support load-balancing scenarios with
XML Web Services