jusched.exe

I really hate applications doing thing on my back.

That is why I rename %ProgramFiles%\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe to realsched.exe.bak.

And I just find out something called jusched.exe is running on my back.

tlist shows it is from Sun’s latest Java.

C:temp>tlist -c |findstr /sip jusched.exe
 760 jusched.exe       OleMainThreadWndName
     Command Line: “C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\jusched.exe”

Sun, please, at least inform me that this thing will be running on my back.

And worse yet, Sun’s java command line tools do not have any version info. You can’t tell what that thing does from the file.

Open regedit, go to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run. Ok, here you go, SunJavaUpdateSched. Sorry, I don’t need you. Delete, yes, gone.

1. Porthop says:

You can disable this by going to your control panel and bringing up the java control panel and deselecting automatic updates.

2. Thanks for the tip.

I guess they want people to keep Java up to day. But imagine every application does something like this. They could very well go the other route, like in Java control panel, having a check for update option.

3. Christopher says:

‘java -version’ gives you the version… but I agree.. I hate programs running behind my back..

At least google is good to find what the different programs are…

4. ray says:

i agree

5. saddness says:

I always saw it running, and manually stopped it whenever I remembered. Thanks for the tip though, now its disabled for sure.

6. io says:

What a bunch of assh*les. I sent them an email saying such without the *

7. rich says:

Nice one guys. I was wondering what that was….hehe. Bastages.

8. Timon says:

i agree with:

At least google is good to find what the different programs are…

and

Thanx guys

9. BarfieldMV says:

Come on guys, something like an updater running in the backgound might not be very fair but it is preventing security risks and updating your software. I really dont like background processes and the communication from sun should be a lot better on this subject. Hey even a pop up box to say were its for would be enough.

10. zebratech says:

Popup box??? I bet you have a pop up blocker running too…. so that wouldn’t work.

11. vikram says:

yeah these fuckers need to get out of my PC till I tell them to do something specific.

12. UHZJMNJuSIANS<mliaS/YRYJHJ says:

YRUS,EWMSEIS,EOZ,OW,KZKWIKZKAIAKZALIkMKKAIIkKIK<kK,LKELP5/UEUJQJQJQUAHHJSHSJSSJSJSJSJSJSJAHSAHSHASHashashAHSZN.M:LKOiaiq

13. Tenchi555 says:

Thanks, I never knew what that was. I dont think I’ll delete it though since it updates, but if there’s any news that it’s a security risk at all it’s gone.

14. jusched.exe Creator says:

How fucking stupid can you all be ? behind your back ?! Do you think that this jusched.exe is singular ? that runs behind your back ? An how does that affect you ? It takes 2000k mem ? Do you have that antivirus software running in the back ? you don’t ? than you are that stupid. You don’t have 1000 windows processes running behind your back ? you stupid fucks. You go in applications section of the task manager. you will see the current programs you have runnning. Than go in the processes tab. There are alot more isn’t it ? Do they run behind your back ? Yes. Why ? because they make your lousy lifes easyer you crazy dumb fucks.

Do us all a favor and unplug your computers. And go fishing or something. whatever. childish freaks. behind your backs.

15. jusched.exe Creator says:

16. jusched.exe Creator says:

Sorry about the above comments….my mom was really giving me shit about not taking out the trash and my sister wasn’t giving up the snatch that night…i just snapped. Sorry. 🙂

17. Matthew says:

I don’t really agree that things should run behind our backs – look on the processes tab on my computer, and I at least know what all of it does.

Yes, we need anti-virus and firewall – but we should know about them, and be able to disable them if we need to do something that needs the memory, while they aren’t needed (e.g. playing a 3D game offline).

I don’t think that installrfing software should let it run at all times – I don’t want Realplayer, Quicktime, Sun Java, Openoffice, Microsoft Office, and many more all using memory and slowing down startup so that I can start their products "more quickly", or be informed if they need an update. I can do that by myself, thanks very much. There should be an option, not an automatic setting.

18. Bozzio says:

If you guys hate automatic updaters, disable your virus definition updates, oh, and Windows update too. Those are backstabbing pieces of software also. But wait… maybe there help protect your computer! C’mon guys, it’s a small app meant to keep java up to eliminate security risks. Before windows update, I remember people using IE3 long after it was outdated, and boy did it have problems. So you see, update progs aren’t all that bad.. especially because they help and they’re TINY.

19. Bozzio - Correct says:

If you guys hate automatic updaters, disable your virus definition updates, oh, and Windows update too. Those are backstabbing pieces of software also. But wait… maybe they help protect your computer! C’mon guys, it’s a small app meant to keep java up to date to eliminate security risks. Before windows update, I remember people using IE3 long after it was outdated, and boy did it have problems. So you see, update progs aren’t all that bad.. especially because they help and they’re TINY.

20. Andy says:

dont be bloody stupid, if someone wants to disable sun java then let them, its not like its as important as firewalls or AV’s and like many have said, if they want to update manualy then they can fuckin do what thye want todo without some prick on a forum saying well if you disable sun java auto update you might aswel disable your firewall and AV ? get a grip. i also disabled it, i have little memory as it is without somthing else i dont "Realy" need, and er, people who say it only uses a little bit of memory, well yes that may be true but what about all the other little background apps that use some memory (after a while it all mounts up) should i just let them all run?, even the totaly useless ones like say messenger service and get freakin pr0n pop ups every where ?. i dont think so. so get of your high horse and shut the fack up 😛

21. There are better ways says:

To those that say it isn’t that big or painful.

Why not just have a small wrapper on the original java process that, once a week, checks for updates (opitionally) when java is started?

We don’t need every frikkin’ application in the box doing it own little ‘aren’t I good’ goddy two shoes background update checks – I’m sure the world doesn’t stop turning just because you didn’t update java in the last 5 minutes. Why not, at the outside, have the update configured to run as a scheduled job even, rather than a full-time process? Oh yes, because they are lazy gits and this is the ‘easy’ way.

22. Kermit says:

There will always be another soft launching its own background crap, for update or any other stuff. The best is to keep a program such as WinPatrol running in the background. It gives an alert as soon as the startup is modified and even kills the app (optionally) if you want it removed from the startup. It also has a few other tools to control what’s happening. Useful in this era where Microsoft and its disciples never miss an occasion to take control of your computer…

23. Homr Zodyssey says:

So, your solution to background processes is another background process?

24. ME says:

I came to this site to get information. I got it and a lot more. Seems someone posts a question, someone gives an answer and the rest either agrees or disagrees. Why not instead of all the profanity……you just give a view on the subject. It’s a better way to show your intelligence….eh jusched.exe Creator. How can you call someone stupid if you don’t even know them? You’re not even using this site for what it’s meant to do. It’s meant for people who need help with a computer, not for people with life issues like not having anything to do on a Friday or Saturday night so they log on to a help site and people bash. What kind of person would do that?

25. Ive had alot of problems with Java sun

Ive found out that for some reason Java sun is

a magnent for adware on my pc.lol. all i know is too much adware/trojans/MALWARE I HATE MALWARE I have Malware that wont go away Crap

what do I have to do to get rid of it. Here is a list of programs if that helps

Adware6.0

SpybotS&D

CWSshredder

I use regedit under start/run to delete Adware sometimes but the **** thing runs stealth i cant find it I JUST NEED TO KNOW THE CORE

its like it keeps giving birth to newer and newer spyware and malware pppppppplllllllleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaassssssseeeeeeeehelp me 🙂

26. Whiner says:

I fucking hate java sun, the autoupdater is using my internet connection to send out info about what java application I have runned the last 15 minutes and shit…bloody hell..

27. Dexthor says:

There is no reason to hate SUN coz, you are using Microsoft windows. Speaking of cleaner software Sun’s Java is industry acknowledged for its security and enterprise readiness. See how many hackers and loosers are targetting microsoft. Even after that MS still makes sloppy software.

If you dont like automatic updates know how to disable them. Remember it is not the one who is abusing that is at fault, it is also the one who is ‘allowing the abuse’. Why not MS itself have a workload patterning logic built into kernel, that can lookout for unusual/new software and can prompt the user informing him/her and seeking whether to prevent it. MS model of DLLs and how they are run, the way it manages its system32 folder makes it real dumb target for misuse.

Why not MS allow only certified files to be ever copied into system area ?? If you are a sysadmin, you must try to learn more about your O/S and find ways to secure it. Donot hate madly the raining clouds when your hat has a hole in it.

Use common sense.

28. John Fitzpatrick says:

To the person who posted on 24/2/2004, Thankyou, jusched.exe now gone forever I hope

Once again Thanks

29. Vegaskane says:

While I understand there are alot of things that run (applications) it would be nice if when you install something that it made it clear some of what would end up hapening like jusched.exe. Some of us like to know if for no other reason than piece of mind. In a perfect world we woulnd have thigs like cydoor or nimda then we could all blindly let apps run in the background. Until such time every time a new process starts runing I have to stop, and take time to find out what the hell it is. As to all the name calling that gets nothing done quick.

30. Dave says:

If you *gasp* read the installation notes, they tell you what Java Update is, the name of the exe, that it is active by default, and how to turn it off if you don’t want it. Not exactly "behind your back" if you ask me.

31. blah says:

you suck

32. Comments on this blog is closed.

33. JOEJOE says:

Thanx Great Thread

I also removed the Caching.

As to the "Behind Your Back" Freaks- the original poster stated "Sun, please, at least inform me that this thing will be running on my back."

Inother words there should be an option asking while installing. (if only all Apps would do that)