Are you passionate about helping to address the challenges that face professional developers? Do you have a technical background and innate marketing savvy? Then we need to talk.
I’m building a team that will be responsible for marketing VS Standard, VS Professional, and VSTO. This will also include all of the language marketing. I’m looking to fill a couple of open positions.
The first challenge for which I’m hiring is the strategy and programs to help developers who are working with v6 versions of Visual Basic and Visual C++ to upgrade to Visual Studio 2005. As anybody who reads this blog realizes, there’s been a lot of interest in this area over the past year and it continues to be extremely important to Microsoft. See more details in the first job description below(Job Number 152697 on the www.microsoft.com/careers).
The second challenge is for which I’m hiring is the Product Manager for Visual Studio Tools for Office. As anybody who’s used VSTO 2005 can tell, Microsoft is investing heavily in this area. Do you have ideas on how to make Microsoft Office part of every developer’s toolkit? Then we need to talk. See more details in the second job description below. (Job number 152699 on www.microsoft.com/careers)
Both of these jobs are based in Redmond.
Does any of this sound interesting? Then mail me with the subject “Cool Marketing Job”.
Are you passionate about working with millions of developers worldwide to address business and technical challenges? Do you have a desire to understand how Microsoft’s technology integrates with customers’ businesses? Do you have the technical skills to explain SOA to a developer and the business skills to explain the value proposition to managers? Do you love being on stage and presenting to audiences of all sizes?
Join one of the most exciting teams at Microsoft and work on driving the success of two of the best known developer products in an established, proven organization. As a product manager charged with helping Visual Basic 6.0 and Visual C++ v6.0 developers to upgrade to Visual Studio 2005, you will take complete ownership of one of the most significant technical and business opportunities in the developer world. You’ll have ownership of the upgrade strategy, product and technical marketing, and driving opportunities with both developers and IT Decision Makers.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Defining and executing programs to encourage more than 1.5 million developers to upgrade to Visual Studio 2005.
· Owning all aspects of product management relating to Visual Basic 6.0 and Visual C++ 6.0.
· Building field-ready training and value proposition materials
· Nourishing an ecosystem of industry partners to build joint programs focused on developer upgrade.
· Creating worldwide marketing and technical collateral.
· Working with the product team to create and disseminate technical content.
· Being a rock star presenter who is able to demo the product on stage with senior executives worldwide
Education and Experience:
3-5 years of Programmer or working in Developer Organization.
Bachelor’s degree(B.S/B.A) or MBA preferred.
Are you passionate about development and building new markets that could impact millions of developers? Are you excited about touching the lives of millions of users around the world? Do you have the desire to help integrate Microsoft technology with customers’ business needs? Do you love being on stage and presenting to audiences of all sizes?
Join one of the most exciting teams at Microsoft and drive the success of a highly-visible technology in an established, proven organization. As a product manager charged driving Office development and application customization using Visual Studio, you will take complete ownership of strategic planning, product and technical marketing, and customer readiness for Visual Studio Tools for Office.
You will work closely with the product development team and be responsible for:
· Driving strategic product planning for building a new developer market
· Working across the Office and Tools groups to ensure that Microsoft delivers on the “better together” message.
· Working closely with customers and partners to define scenario-based requirements for future versions.
· Driving customer and partner requirements into the product plan and maintaining strong advocacy for their needs.
· Representing developer tools products around the world with multiple audiences, both external and internal: press, analysts, customers and partners, including delivering technical presentations at conferences and customer and partner sites.
· Executing market research and analysis, technology assessment, and competitive analysis.
· Creating messaging and positioning for partners and customers.
· Building the go to market strategy and execution.
· Arming the Microsoft field with targeted content, demos, and resources.
Ideal candidates will be former developers or programmers.
Education and Experience:
3-5 years of working in Developer organization
Bachelor’s Degree (B.S./B.A.)