Here’s a job opportunity with a customer in Memphis. Send resumes to: Dennis Creel, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sr. Developer – Summary
Perform application development duties for software systems. Lead key projects and oversee development activities of other developers on specific project assignments. Follow programming standards in all phases of software development life-cycle including; analysis, design, development / prototyping, testing, documentation, change control, and source code control. Develop new applications and maintain existing applications. Provide technical support to help desk and other departments as needed.
3 years leading software development projects and software developers.
7 years software development experience.
4 years in object oriented design and programming.
3 years in Microsoft .NET programming, including Web Services.
Experience designing, developing and testing online, enterprise applications scalable for over 1000 concurrent users in diverse geographic locations.
Experience using code management software, ideally Microsoft Visual Source Safe.
Experience writing functional, high level and detailed design specifications.
Experience mapping business rules and requirements to application design.
Demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams to complete projects.
BA / BS in Computer Science or Management Information Systems
Masters in Computer Science is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organizational and analytical skills.
- Must be able to analyze a problem or new task, produce and execute plans to address the situation.
- Need to be able to correctly communicate accurate information in the most appropriate manner (verbally, electronically).
- Able to work with technical and non-technical staff and communicate complex technical information to non-technical staff.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Willing to give as well as receive direction on projects.
- Able to handle concurrent work assignments.
- Must be enthusiastic and committed to releasing quality products and meeting timelines.
- Experience in Internet, Windows, and mobile application user interface design.
- Proficient with HTTP, DHTTP, XHTTP, HTTPS (SSL), HTML, DHTML, XML, and XSL technologies.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, or DB2; and data modeling tools like ERwin.
- Good understanding of Internet and mobile security requirements.
- Must be experienced in web site technical design and development, including Web content management tools.
- Must be experienced in Windows application technical design and development.
- Experience with structured software testing methods.
- Experience with automated testing tools (like Mercury Interactive Test Director, Load Runner, Win Runner).
- Experience with Microsoft Message Queue (MSMQ), Transaction Server (MTS), IIS, and MSMT technologies.
- Experience with Microsoft COM/DCOM, COM +, and dot Net distributed architectures.
- Experience in mobile application technical design and development is a plus (wireless and non-wireless devices – WML, cHTML, HDML, MIS, J2ME, and Microsoft Compact Framework).
- Experience with JD Edwards One World / PeopleSoft Enterprise One ERP system is a plus.
- Experience with internet advertisement management systems (like Real Media or Double Click) is a plus.
- Experience with Web Trends is a plus.
- Experience with web content management systems (like Kentico) is a plus.
- Work with non-technical project sponsors to understand business requirements and help manage expectations of what can and cannot be accomplished.
- Work with technical architects to determine the appropriate tools and software architecture to complete the tasks within the corporate development architecture plan.
- Work with IT Operations to ensure the appropriate development, test, and production hardware and software is available.
- Work with product testing coordinator (QA role) and other team members to review test plans and ensure that all aspects of the product set are properly tested.
- Perform all levels of software product testing (unit, integration, system, stress / load, performance, platform, and regression).
- Develop applications that meet product requirement, security, and architectural specifications.
- Resolve post-production application defects in accordance with the Information Technology call resolution process.
- Be willing to participate in an on-call rotation for 24x7x365 product support.
- Be willing to work necessary hours to complete project work when project schedule dictates or asked by development director.
- Properly maintain all project assets (application code, technical documentation, etc.) in source control system and abide by source code control procedures for check-in, check-out, version control, and change control.
- Function as Build Master when asked and perform all software builds, create software installation scripts and documentation, and create software CDs.
- Complete all necessary project or product documentation (technical, support, customer / user, etc.).
- Other team members may be remote and must be willing and able to travel to other locations when necessary. Travel will be dependent on specific project assignments and may range from 10 – 25% for specific time periods. This is not a high travel position, but individual must be willing to travel to complete project work if necessary.
Please send resumes to: Dennis Creel, email@example.com