Just announced today at CTIA...
Microsoft System Center Mobile Device Manager 2008 is a flexible, end-to-end solution for single-point access of line-of-business (LOB) applications and corporate data on Windows Mobile devices.* System Center Mobile Device Manager is designed for efficient control of Windows Mobile devices offering reliable, low-cost, and consistent manageability that works well with your existing Microsoft infrastructure. Mobile Device Manager provides secure access to sensitive corporate data on Windows Mobile devices in a seamless manner, resulting in a positive end-user experience. By using Mobile Device Manager, organizations are able to address evolving needs around security and management while providing end users with anytime, anywhere access to corporate data through Windows Mobile devices. Mobile Device Manager addresses the needs of a mobile workforce in an organization through security management, device management, and a mobile virtual private network (VPN).
- Active Directory/Group Policy Domain Join
- Mobile VPN with Dual Factor Authenticated Access
- Communications and Camera Disablement with Active Directory Group Policy-based Targeting
- Application Allow and Deny
- Device Encryption
- OTA Device Provisioning and Bootstrapping
- OTA Software Deployment
- Device Inventory and Reporting
- Helpdesk Console and Role-Based Administration
- Device Wipe