This conversation comes up from time to time, so I wanted a record of this info.
- VB6 IDE support expires April 8, 2008, no matter what platform the IDE is run on.
- Microsoft has committed to supporting the VB6 IDE in Windows Vista, but only up to the date mentioned above.
- VB6 runtime is part of the O/S, and therefore VB runtime support period is the support period of the O/S.
I recommend checking out these related resources, especially the downloads.
- Upgrading VB6 Applications to VB.NET Guide (download)
- MsPress - Upgrading VB6 to VB.NET Book (download)
- Microsoft Support Lifecycle Policy FAQ
- VB6 IDE Lifetime
- Visual Basic 6.0 Support on Windows Vista
- Upgrading VB6 Applications to VB.NET
- Interop Forms Toolkit 2.0
- VB6 Upgrade Assessment Tool
- Migrating VB6 Resources (under VB Developer Center)
- VB Developer Center
- MSDN Forums - VB Interop and Upgrade
- Code Advisor for VB6 (runs in VB6)