Prior to BizTalk Server 2010, the various parts that you could install were spread around in separate installs. With BizTalk Server 2010, they have consolidated all the various components into a single package and provided splash screens that allow you to install it all from one place. No more hunting around for the packages!
Starting with the media itself you will see two folders, ‘BizTalk Accelerators’ and ‘BizTalk Server.’
BizTalk Accelerators - This contains all the accelerators:
- Microsoft BizTalk Accelerator for SWIFT
- Microsoft BizTalk Accelerator for RosettaNet
- Microsoft BizTalk Accelerator for HL7
- Microsoft BizTalk Accelerator for FileAct & InterAct Adapter For SWIFT
BizTalk Server – This is the starting point, from this folder clicking on setup.exe (see the first splash screen below) will allow you to install the following pieces:
- Microsoft BizTalk Server 2010
- Microsoft UDDI Services
- Microsoft BizTalk RFID
- Microsoft BizTalk RFID Mobile
- Microsoft BizTalk Adapters – Clicking on this will provide additional setup options (second slash screen below):
- Microsoft WCF LOB Adapter SDK – PreReq for BizTalk Adapter Pack
- Microsoft BizTalk Adapter Pack – SQL, Oracle Db, Oracle EBS, SAP, and Siebel
- Microsoft BizTalk Adapter Pack (x64) – 64-bit version of SQL, Oracle Db, Oracle EBS, and SAP (Siebel adapter is not available on 64-bit platforms)
- Microsoft BizTalk Adapters for Enterprise Applications – These are the adapters based on the prior BizTalk Adapter Framework. They include adapters for JD Edwards OneWorld, JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, PeopleSoft Enterprise, TIBCO Rendezvous, and TIBCO Enterprise Message Service.
- Microsoft AppFabric Connect – These are the new features for Windows Workflow Foundation 4.0 that add in shapes for calling maps and the BAP adapters. All the information you need on this can be found here. This allows you to use BizTalk features separately from BizTalk Server itself.
Here is a screen shot of the first splash screen when double-clicking setup.exe from the ‘BizTalk Server’ folder.
Here is the BizTalk Adapters splash screen:
One item that is not included with the media is the ESB Toolkit 2.1. The downloads for this can be found here.
That is all. Hopefully this saves people some time as they start their BizTalk 2010 installations!