I don’t mean this metaphorically, nor do I mean that the food in the oven is on fire. I mean, “The oven is on fire.” As in, the wires in the controller switch overheated, the insulation melted, they arced, and the insulation caught fire. Had I not been standing right there when it happened, I would never have believed it, except for the noxious plastic-smoke and the stench.
Oh, the range is a Thermador PRDS304 dual fuel (that is, gas on top electric oven) range that is about eight years old. This happened during the cleaning cycle.
Needless to say, I killed the circuit breaker and my wife called the repair man.