- I predict that 2008 will have between 300 and 400 days. Most if not all will end in the letter “y.” Similarly, here in Seattle most if not all will involve some form of precipitation.
- I predict that the US will have an election this year. A democrat will win. Or a republican. In any event, the press will cover it like a horse race because it’s simpler to do that than to understand the candidates’ positions on anything.
- I predict that someone will steal Robert Scoble’s identity, then give it back after being deluged with email asking for him to blog about some new product. I predict that Scott “You Have No Privacy On the Internet, Get Over It” McNealy will gloat.
- I predict that software will continue to have bugs. Further, I predict that periodically A-list bloggers and reporters will rise up in outrage about said bugs and will somehow lay the blame at the feet of Microsoft regardless of who wrote the OS or software in question.
- I predict that, towards the end of 2008, lots of people will make predictions about 2009. Furthermore, I predict that many magazines will have “best of 2008” issues. Coincidentally, I predict that more magazines will lose readership.
- I predict that Dave Winer will continue to fall out of love with Apple, then fall back in love, then out of love, then in love. Each change of heart will be Twittered, blogged, and podcasted.
- I predict that this list will have ten items on it.
Technorati Tags: 2008 predictions