Who Won the Debate?

The post-debate analysis was just terrible on every station I turned to. Nobody was willing to say who won. Nobody was willing to do any but the most superficial analysis. The analysis was just lame.

1. Kent Sharkey says:

I didn’t see a clean winner. Both scored a few "points", but it seemed to break down to two major arguments to my ears/eyes. I’ll let you decide who said what:

"North Korea bad." "John Kennedy"

"My opponent changes his mind all the time"

TTFN – Kent

PS: Damn, I really wish I could vote in this lame construct you ‘Merican’s call an election. Where’s the Rhino Party? Where’s the Natural Law Party?

2. Big supporter of the President; more than willing to admin he got creamed.

3. john says:

Too bad he’ll still lose the election.

4. Aaron says:

I’m a Bush guy but would say Kerry had a slight edge. In reality though, I hope (probably incorrectly) that the American public viewed the debate and performed some of their own analysis rather than just take in whatever the mediadrones spit back as the "winner".

5. earle says:

Kerry killed Bush and did a great job of pointing out the political bumblings of Bush and Co. something about bringing a knife to a gunfight comes to mind…

6. Sammy says:

Check out Cnn.com, it has big surveys and stuff and it looks like Kerry won.

7. Matt Hawley says:

I think Kerry creamed Bush…most of the time Bush just stood up there dumbfounded and didn’t know what to say, no wait, thats how he is…stupid.

8. Snorrk says:

The feeling here in Iceland is mainly that Bush is an idiot and that the war in Iraq is out of control

Therefore most people support John Kerry – not because they think he would be a great president – but because most people think that "everything is better than Bush"

9. Neil says:

Watching the debate was rather like watching two boxers in the pre-match conference. They are all trying to verbally kill the other guy, but it is not until the election/fight that anything will really changes and someone wins.

This is a circus and always will be. If someone really looses, then they should not be president.

10. kerry won the arguments but bushes home, down to earth style won the people.

11. whoever says:

As for who won, call it a draw. I think PBS, and Charlie Rose in particular, has execellent coverage.

12. At the end of the evening, I found that I really enjoyed MSNBC’s coverage.