Coffee and Beer is All You Need

I was born and brought up in Boston. Consequently, I was born and brought up on Dunkin’ Donuts and Dunkin’ Donuts coffee. It’s hard to express the joy of DD’s coffee if you haven’t had it. There’s just something about it that’s really good. Tasty. I mean, I like Tully’s. I like Pete’s. I like Torrefazione Italia. I even like Starbucks. OK, I guess I just like coffee. But there’s something special about Dunkin’ Donuts. I order five-pound bags from www.dunkindonuts.com about once a month. I brew it at home. I brew it at work.

More than that, I have a favorite beer: Mac and Jack’s African Amber. It’s brewed in Redmond and you can only get it on tap. It’s unfiltered, kind of sweet, and eminently drinkable. I like other beers, too. But I really like Mac and Jack’s. I named my cats Mac and Jack.

Aside from water, I could live on Dunkin’ Donuts coffee and Mac and Jack’s African Amber.

I think I have a beverage problem.

1. julie lerman says:

John, You should definitely check out fellow weblogs.asp.net blogger Dave Burke’s ode to Dunkin Donuts coffee cup from a while ago. Here’s the link! http://weblogs.asp.net/dburke/archive/2003/06/21/9085.aspx

2. Darrell says:

You should start a new "Coffee and Beer" fad diet. You could make millions!

3. CausticMango says:

Eh? You’ve got to be kidding, right? DD coffee is some of the worst there is (right next to "Wawa" coffee). It’s bitter and cardboard-y, they serve it with like 5x too much cream & sugar, and their cups spill way too easy.

Guess to each his own.

4. OmegaSupreme says:

I wish they had DD in England, but I’d prefer tea with mine thank you very much.

African Amber eh ?, mmm sounds nice…

5. MichaelScholz says:

I miss Mac and Jack’s alot.. So easy to order in Seattle, so tough in L.A.

6. Tristan says:

Yeah, I spent about 6 years in NH and hated Dunkies at first. But it grows on ya. My sister bought me some of the beans for Christmas. Now, whenever I’m back there, I have to order it several times a day. There’s just something about ordering a "Great One, regular" and having a 24 ounch coffee ready-made.

7. Ken Cowan says:

Not claiming Petes or SBUX is the best? Sounds like a career limiting move for ‘Softie. I like DD much better than SBUX, but I’m on the right coast so I can get away with it.

Did you move away before Green Mountain came to town? Their Harvard Blend, Breakfast Blend, and Our Blend are great. I used to be one of the coffee czars at DEC and my job was ordering (and therefore picking) the coffee. We were one of Green Mts largest non-restaurant customers. That’s a lot of coffee!

KC

8. I haven’t tried Green Mountain. But has anybody else tried coffee from Seattle’s "Good Coffee Company?" It’s down near Pioneer square behind Fado. Very good, but only open from 9-5 on weekdays…

9. dawn Marie says:

hey !

my dogs are Mac ‘n Jac ! basset hounds.

half-brothers…….

do you think they would get

along with your cats ? LOL !

yes…..they love Mac and Jack’s brew.

where the heck did the name "blog"

come from anyhow ?

or is this for only coffee and beer talk ?

LOL !