Way back in 2009 I released a “beta” version of a toy that extracts highlighted text from a page - http://blogs.msdn.com/b/johnguin/archive/2009/08/24/a-beta-powertoy-for-onenote-2007-to-extract-highlighted-text-from-a-page.aspx
I wrote a little about it as well and am finally getting around to posting the source code for it. There is not a lot to it and I wrote about the only tricky part of it here: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/johnguin/archive/2009/08/27/fixing-a-bug-with-the-highlighted-text-addin.aspx
So as usual, you can get the code in the ZIP file below my name.
One lesson I learned is not to name files “THE”. Searching for “the” simply returns too many hits and made digging up the source code much more time consuming than it should have been.
The other interesting tidbit here is that when I got an email request for this code, I could not find it (partly because of the poor name I chose). I looked in all my usual areas (the notebook I originally used to write it is packed up right now) so I checked my USB key, Skydrive, some of my work machines and could not find it. I finally remembered I had a machine that has been offline from Mesh for quite a while and there was a copy of the files on it. I wipe my machines so often that I frequently don’t get Mesh reinstalled so I was glad I still had that one offline copy. Apparently when I cleaned up my Mesh files over the last few years I had deleted the server copy as well.
Just one more reason to check this into a repository.
I hope you find the code useful.
Questions, comments, concerns and criticisms always welcome,