Solving integrals with OneNote 2010 and the Mathematics add in

I tried this:

clip_image001

After I entered the integral, I open the Mathematics tab and clicked Compute | Calculate:

clip_image002

And the Mathematics Addin for OneNote and Word solved the integral. This is great! I’m having a blast (and I realize I’m gushing, but as a math guy, this is simply fun).

clip_image003

clip_image004

clip_image005

And I have to say I’m more impressed with solving the integral than creating the graphs, but both are excellent.  The top graph is a zoomed in and rotated version of the bottom.

Questions, comments, concerns and criticisms always welcome,
John

1. Sandy says:

I would love to try this but I'm having issues with installation. The Mathematics tab only appears in Word but not in OneNote. I've tried a reinstall which didn't work and am not sure what to try next. As I primarily use OneNote for engineering classes I would love have this addin work and see how it could integrate (haha) into my learning. Any ideas on how to get the tab to appear?

I've got 64-bit Office 2010 on Windows 7.

2. JohnGuin says:

My understanding is the education team (the team that wrote this addin) is monitoring social.answers.microsoft.com/…/threads for help requests for the Math addin.  Are you sure you have OneNote 2010?

3. Sandy says:

Yes I am sure. Thanks for the response.

4. marka says:

I have the same problem, the mathematics tab only appears in Onenote if I run Onenote 2010 as an administrator whereas it appears in word just fine and I'm running 32 bit Office 2010 on Windows 7.

5. Barqers says:

OMG THIS is awesome. not going to lie. I just updated to microsoft office 2010 and now store all my onenote notebooks on skydrive, after about 2 hours of frustration and onenote saying it cannot create the notebook because of such and such reason and people saying to use windows xp compatibility, which i didn't have the option for, I finally realized it's because the dang webclient service wasn't running! Then  I find this add-in and it works beautifully. Now onenote is the dream note-taking program for any class in university.

LOVE IT!

6. Surfasb says:

Crazy. I had no idea I could get OneNote to do all my calculus problems. . .

7. Philip says:

anyone know why the add in will not do any calculations?