One thing that customers are short of is up-to-date information on MSMQ performance so they can plan for hardware requirements as their systems grow. I’ve tried to think what sort of data would be useful and have come up with the following short list:
- Message type (Express vs Recoverable vs Transactional
- Transaction scope (Single- vs Multi-message transaction; Internal vs External transaction)
- Message size (Bytes vs Kbytes vs Mbytes)
- Protocol (Classic vs Http vs Multicast)
- Operations (Remote send vs Remote receive)
- Architecture (32 bit vs 64 bit)
I don’t think it is worth focussing on data from particular hardware as the results would be out of date in months.
Are there any other areas that could be investigated?