Susan Wisowaty, my friend and former team mate on the MSDN Events team has TAGGED me. Tagging is a bit like a chain letter, but with some redeeming social value.
The idea is that after reveling five things about yourself you get to compel 5 other people to do the same.
- As a young hungry dude I won 54 of 58 Kickboxing matches and won minor titles in three countries, fighting primarily in Australia (Where I lived in 1978 & 79) and Malaysia (which was a very cheap and short flight from the coast of Australia).
- I was married, became a father, and got divorced all before my 21st birthday. In the years that followed, in order to try and survive the financial disaster that divorce can create, I had funny work situations. At one time I worked 3 jobs at the same time totally as much as 20 hours a day and I never had a whole day off from all three jobs. I slept in “shifts” and, lacking a driver’s license, I RAN to and from jobs. (Sometimes 15 miles a day.) Some of the non-professional jobs included working as a bouncer in Boston’s Combat Zone, and moonlighting as a “dancer” 🙂
- In my early 30’s I suffered from severe depression that eventually required pharmaceutical treatment. I’ve been taking an anti-depressant for 10 years and every time I stop, it takes about 6 weeks and I start feeling symptoms like the inability to concentrate, poor short term memory, a decrease in patience.
- I am a former Marine and I used to work in two different Law Enforce capacities. I trained Law Enforcement Officer’s in unarmed tactics and I helped build Patterns Analysis systems use by Special Investigative Units including the FBI, CIA, DEA, INS, DOD, and the US Military.
- While the story of my young life is packed with adventure, mischief, and accomplishment. I believe that the only thing of real importance that I will ever do is Love my wife and children. Being a great dad and husband is both the hardest and the best job I’ve ever had.
OK, Now I’ll tag five people.
- My boss Simon Muzio – never hurts to know your Boss’s secrets.
- Rick Samona – because he needs to start bogging again and I KNOW the dude has SECRETS.
- Rory Blyth – Even though he’s already been Tagged – as the new C9 guy his life is an open book and if you know ROry AT ALL (sorry for the caps Rory) – you know that he has way more then 5 interesting secrets.
- Bill Steele – Just because he’s a smart guy with a twisted sense of humor.
- Carey Lee Rush – A lifelong musician and friend, he was a long time body-guard client of mine when he was a big time Rock-n-roller, he’s still a musician and now a bleeding heart liberal (which I forgive him for) – but I’m tagging him because you NEVER know what he’ll say. (WARNING – His blog may contain PG13 content.)