SharePoint Server 2016 and the next cumulative update is available. We may call it public update in the future, in short PU.
In addition, for this month our SharePoint product group decided to also add the “Feature Pack 2” to the cumulative update. Be sure you read the blog post from Bill Baer to learn more: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/wbaer/2017/09/12/announcing-availability-of-feature-pack-2-for-sharepoint-server-2016/
KB 4011217 Language independent version
Download it from: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=56089
KB 4011161 Language dependent fixes
Download it from: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=56080
You may download both SharePoint packages, the language when downloading is not important!
KB 3213659 Office Online Server 2016
Download it from: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=56103
After installing the fixes (both packages!) you need to run the SharePoint 2016 Products Configuration Wizard on each machine in the farm. If you prefer to run the command line version psconfig.exe ensure to have a look here for the correct options.
SharePoint 2016 CU Build Number: 16.0.4600.1000 and for the language independent 16.0.4600.1002
You can use the SharePoint Server 2016 Patch Build Numbers PowerShell Module to identify the patch level of your SharePoint components.
- Blog: Common Question: What is the difference between a PU, a CU and a COD?
- Blog: SharePoint Patching demystified
- Blog: Why I prefer PSCONFIGUI.EXE over PSCONFIG.EXE
- TechNet: Update Center for Microsoft Office, Office Servers, and Related Products
- Blog: SharePoint Server 2016 Patch Build Numbers PowerShell Module
- Blog: Please read when you install February 2017 CU or later and you use MIM for User Profile Import