SharePoint Server 2016 and the next cumulative update is available. We may call it public update in the future, in short PU.
Language independent version
KB 3115088 Language independent version
Download it from: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=52239
KB 2920690 Language dependent fixes
Download it from: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=52244
You may download both packages, the language what you see on the download page is not important.
After installing the fixes you need to run the SharePoint 2016 Products Configuration Wizard on each machine in the farm. If you prefer to run the command line version psconfig.exe ensure to have a look here for the correct options.
SharePoint 2016 April 2016 CU Build Number: 16.0.4378.1000
The language independent Fix updates the configuration database schema – so the configuration database schema version will show the version number above after installing 3115088.
You can use the SharePoint Server 2016 Patch Build Numbers Powershell Module to identify the patch level of your SharePoint components.
- Blog: Common Question: What is the difference between a PU, a CU and a COD?
- Blog: SharePoint Patching demystified
- Blog: Why I prefer PSCONFIGUI.EXE over PSCONFIG.EXE
- Blog: April 2016 Office Update Release
- Technet: Update Center for Microsoft Office, Office Servers, and Related Products
- Blog: SharePoint Server 2016 Patch Build Numbers Powershell Module