You found this post by your own or you got an email from our Support Engineers.
With this post we will give you our suggested way to install the December CU and with that to be at the latest binaries we currently delivered.
- Have all needed language packs installed!
- Have SP1 installed for WSS and MOSS and for each installed language pack the corresponding WSS and MOSS language pack SP1.
What is new with the December Cumulative Update?
- We can offer two hotfix packages and these contains all needed hotfixes since SP1 also for all languages.
- It is not necessary to install more than these two packages.
- Only for servers with more than WSS and MOSS installed, e.g. Project Server, Team Foundation,… may need more updates.
Update 20.25 GMT; Follow here or use the Official blog of the Product Group.
Download these hotfix packages:
WSS December CU ~80MB
MOSS December CU ~300MB
Updated 25/Mar/2009; this package is not available anymore. Please install the February CU!
Related KB articles:
What else I may need to reach the prerequisites?
Language packs are available: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/results.aspx?DisplayLang=en&nr=20&freetext=sharepoint+language+pack&sortCriteria=date
All needed information to install Service Pack 1 http://blogs.msdn.com/sharepoint/archive/2007/12/11/announcing-the-release-of-wss-3-0-sp1-and-office-sharepoint-server-2007-sp1.aspx
For any other updates please check the official blog of the SharePoint product group: