I’m almost positive that I’m not crazy here…well, I think so at least. During the day here at work, I listen to music if I’m doing something on my computer by myself in my office, I’m usually listening to music. Since I got a Zune, I’ve been using the Zune client software to listen to random playlists at work. I’m a picky person about music, so I’m a pretty heavy user of the “next track” button. I’ve noticed a very strange behavior when I use the “next track” button alot–the software will start playing the exact same songs I just skipped…in the same order. In true bug-reporting style, here are the repro steps:
- Play a large playlist in the Zune client app (mine’s nearly 1,700 songs).
- Listen to a few songs, then get fed up because you really don’t want to listen to anymore Beatles today.
- Hit the “Next Track” button a few times until you find a suitable song, like Ben Folds Five’s “Philosophy”.
- Listen to the song, and then notice that the app is trying to play the Beatles again!
- Hit “Next Track” over and over again, and notice that the software even plays “Philosophy” again before it starts suggesting new songs.
Am I the only one that’s seeing this? Anybody?!