With the arrival of the Windows Phone SDK 8 we now have a ton of new features to incorporate into apps. I want to highlight the Lock Screen as it offers a unique capability to have your app control what the Lock Screen displays. It is a fully integrated feature that allows your app to interact with Settings and vice verse.
I want to highlight two MSDN articles that address this capability:
- Updating the app manifest file
- Adding code to change the lock screen background
- Setting up a default lock screen background image
- Handling parameters from the lock screen settings screen
- Linking to the lock screen settings screen from within your app
Can you think of innovation application for Lock Screen? Share!
Re-Imagine Everything with this resources:
- Free Trial Azure
- Download Visual Studio Express 2012
- Download Developer Center VS 2012/Win8
- Signup 30-To-Launch Win8
- Download Windows Phone SDK
- Signup 30-To-Launch Phone