Dave is talking about how he’s no longer in the music business but is now in the ecommerce business. Interesting ideas:
- Most artist are in the business of marketing to skinny tails
- IODA, Promonet
- Endgame: Everyone can be a store, everyone can distribute
- Marc Cantor is calling iTunes (Apple) nasty names. His view is that iTunes is essentially another big music company that wants to screw the artist.
- Online music space is at ½ percent of potential
- For any CD there is 100 hrs of recordings. The net provides a vehicle for more of that to get distributed. (b-sides, remixes, etc.)