We look forward to discussing these new Windows Azure features, in detail, at PDC '09.
This release add support for Visual Studio 2010 Beta 2 and VWD Express 2010 Beta 2.
Lots of changes and new features in the November 2009 release:
- Service Model UI: A redesigned and significantly more complete interface for manipulating Role configuration information. To access, double-click on a role node in the Solution Explorer.
- Additional role templates: Support for ASP.NET MVC 2 (2010 only), F# worker roles (2010 only), and WCF Service Application web roles.
- Support for dynamically creating tables: The Create Tables functionality is now performed automatically; there is no longer a need to right-click and select Create Tables… on the project after your table definitions have changed.
- Full support for and installation of the November Windows Azure SDK release:
- The sample storage client has been replaced by a new production quality library.
- New Diagnostics library enables logging using .NET APIs and enables the collection of diagnostic information from the service.
- Service Runtime library updated to support inter-role communication and notification of configuration changes .
- Support for input endpoints on Worker Roles.
- Higher fidelity simulation of Development Storage: supports all current cloud storage features, including dynamically creating tables.
- Ability to choose the size of the VM for a role instance.
- Ability to persist data in local storage even after the role is recycled.
- Ability to manage certificates to install to the role VMs.
Updated and additional samples are available at: http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowsazuresamples
I’m pretty excited about this for a few reasons.
- We've been working really hard on it for quite a while now and it feels so good to see it go live.
- As you can see from the list above, we’ve packed it full of new things that you’ve been asking for!
- You can now use Visual Studio 2010 Beta 2 with the Windows Azure Tools
- I have a ton of things to blog about 🙂 (including updating some of my walkthroughs to work against this new release)
Let me know what you think!