What’s New for the July 2009 CTP?
- Support for developing and deploying services containing multiple web and worker roles. A service may contain zero or more web roles and zero or more worker roles with a minimum of one role of either type.
- New project creation dialog that supports creating Cloud Services with multiple web and worker roles.
- Ability to associate any ASP.NET Web Application project in a Cloud Service solution as a Web Role
- Support for building Cloud Services from TFS Build
- Enhanced robustness and stability
“Enhanced robustness and stability” means that we fixed some issues we’ve heard from customer feedback:
- Invalid URI error message when trying to create Cloud Services
- Role instances did not start with in the time allowed error message when debugging
- Note: This can also occur when there is a problem with the security policy – please let us know if you continue to see this problem
- Improved the error message when you run the Development Storage the first time without SQL Server Express installed which is the default DB instance to use.
For more information on using the new features, please see the following posts: