New release of the Windows Azure SDK and Tools!
From now on, you only have to download the Windows Azure Tools for Microsoft Visual Studio and the SDK will be installed as part of that package.
In a nutshell, you can now run managed code Full Trust and if you want to give fastCGI applications on Windows Azure a try, you can do that too!
Please install the following hotfixes:
What’s new in Windows Azure SDK
- Support for developing Managed Full Trust applications. It also provides support for Native Code via PInvokes and spawning native processes.
- Support for developing FastCGI applications, including support for rewrite rules via URL Rewrite Module.
- Improved support for the integration of development storage with Visual Studio, including enhanced performance and support for SQL Server (only local instance).
What’s new in Windows Azure Tools for Visual Studio
- Combined installer includes the Windows Azure SDK
- Addressed top customer bugs.
- Native Code Debugging.
- Update Notification of future releases.
- FastCGI template