This is Redis hosted within azure as service. You can create a cache via the portal, and then access it via
- Hosting Redis 2.8 on Azure VMs
- accessible via redis clients from any language. My recommendation for C# is Marc Gravell’s Stackexchange.Redis.
- Caches expose a SSL endpoint, and support the Auth command.
- The standard SKU provides a single-endpoint that’s backed by a 2-node Master/Slave cluster to increase availability. The service includes automatic failover detection and forwarding requests to the master so you get the persistence without needing to worry about it.
- There’s a redis session state provider for using redis from your ASP apps.
See the Getting Started Guide for how to jump right in.