Do you write Managed debuggers? Do you use the ICorDebug API? We're designing V3 of ICorDebug and are interested in any feedback you have about the API and writing managed debuggers in general. For example:
- Are there any additions to the API you'd like to see?
- Is there's anything about the API that really annoys you? (I personally have a growing list here of design flaws in ICorDebug, some of which I've blogged about here and here)
- Is there some part of the API that is very confusing?
- Is there some debugger feature that you want but really can't implement without additional debugging API support?
- Have you ever tried to write a debugger for managed code? Have you ever played around with the source for Cordbg or Mdbg? What was your experience?