Last week, we shipped the VsVm SDK RC (Visual Studio 2012 RC Visualization and Modeling SDK). Here is what is new with respect to VsVmSDK Beta:
- We fixed a few bugs in the runtime, in particular, adding an element to a compartment shape could select the previous element instead of the newly added element when the compartment mapped to a derived relationship, which was incorrect.
- We updated the DslProjectMigrationTool used to migrate VS2010 DSL Tools solutions to Visual Studio 2012. It is still located under
- There is a slight API change in in Microsoft.VisualStudio.Modeling.Sdk.Integration.dll: the IModelBrowserHost interface has a new member ResizeToMeasure. This interface is implemented by the PickerDialog, as a User Interface for the modelbus references. We don’t think that anybody has really implemented this interface apart from us for the TFS workitem linking to models and model elements, so we don’t think that this really break anybody. But I preferred to mention it.
Architecture designers extensibility
- We have fixed UML designers project template VSIX following-up a change in the VSSDK,
- We have added the Layer diagram extensibility project templates. See Extending Layer Diagrams
Code Index SDK
- The code index SDK has a new loader indexing PDB files. it retrieves source file, and line number for methods body, and the method calls.
- the schema of the code index has slightly changed:
- addition of the source file and line information (to store the information of the PDBs)
- In Beta, Events were linked to Method definitions by AddMethodDefintion and RemoveMethodDefinition. Now there are MethodDefinitions (collection)
- In Beta Properties were linked to MethodDefinition through GetMethodDefinition and SetMethodDefinition. Now there is a collection of assessors named AccessorMethodDefinitions