"In a battle between two ideas, the best one doesn’t necessarily win. No, the idea that wins is the one with the most fearless heretic behind it." — Seth Godin
One leadership idea can change your life in an instant.
Like the right key, the right leadership idea can instantly unlock or unleash what you’re capable of.
I’ve seen some leaders lose their jobs because they didn’t know how to adapt their leadership style. I’ve seen other leaders crumble with anxiety because they didn’t know how to balance connection and conviction.
I’ve seen other leaders operate at a higher level, and influence without authority. I’ve seen amazing leaders in action that inspire others through their stories of the art of the possible.
Here are a handful of leadership ideas that you can put into practice.
- 3 Stories Leaders Need to Tell
- 10 Ways Leaders Hold People Accountable
- A Leader is the Trustee of the Intangibles
- Balance Connection and Conviction to Reduce Anxiety and Lead Effectively
- Boldness Has Genius, Magic, and Power in It
- Change Your Leadership Style Based on Capability and Motivation
- Guide Your Path with Vision, Values, and Goals
- Lead Yourself and Others with Stories
- Warrior Leaders Reveal Great Character
- What Executive Leaders at Microsoft Taught Me
None of these leadership ideas are new. They may be new for you. But they are proven practices for leadership that many leaders have learned the hard way.
The nice thing about ideas is that all you have to do is try them, and find what works for you. (Always remember to try ideas in a Bruce Lee sort of way, “adapt what is useful”, and don’t throw the baby out with the bathwater.)
If you want to get hard-core, I also have a roundup of the best business books that have influenced Microsoft leaders:
You’ll find a strange but potent mix of business books ranging from skills you learned in kindergarten to ways to change the world by spreading your ideas like a virus.