I thought I had written about “Why Agile” before, but I don’t see anything crisp enough.
Anyway, here’s my latest rundown on Why Agile?
- Increase customer involvement which can build empathy and avoid rework
- Learn faster which means you can adapt to change
- Improve quality through focus
- Reduce risk through shorter feedback loops and customer interaction
- Simplify by getting rid of overhead and waste
- Reduce cycle time through timeboxing and parallel development
- Improve operational awareness through transparency
- Drive process improvement through continuous improvement
- Empower people through less mechanics and more interaction, continuous learning, and adaptation
- Flow more value through more frequent releases and less “big bang”
Remember that nature favors the flexible and agility is the key to success.