I’ve finally put together an extensive collection of personal development quotes. It’s a big collection of personal development quotes and I organized it by key themes: Character, Effectiveness, Emotional Intelligence, Empowerment, Influence and Impact, Learning and Growth, Productivity, Self-Awareness, Strengths, and Thinking.
Microsoft is a strong culture of personal development, so the personal development quotes are particularly relevant. Software development often reminds of personal development, and I think we learn a lot about personal development from software and software practices, especially if you practice continuous learning. For example, we can test ourselves with “unit tests.” We can shape our “quality attributes.” We can use principles, patterns, and practices to improve what we do, and expand what we’re capable of. You get the idea.
Here is a sampling of the personal development quotes collection …
- “Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own.” — Bruce Lee
- “Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom.” — Viktor Frankl
- “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” — George Bernard Shaw
- “The only journey is the journey within.” — Rainer Maria Rilke
- “They must often change who would be constant in happiness or wisdom.” – Confucius
- “We must become the change we want to see.” — Mahatma Gandhi
- “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.” — Will Durant
- “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “What we think, we become.” – Buddha
- “What ever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve.” — Napoleon Hill
For more personal development quotes, see the personal development quotes page.