I wrote a post on the book, The Six Figure Second Income. It's about how to make money in todays world.
With great pain comes great opportunities. I've seen a lot of people lose their jobs. I've been asked to do talks to help people get back on their feet again. I do. It helps. It's not enough.
The real challenge is how to help people make a living in today's world. What does that mean? It means things like this:
- What we learned in school, might not get us a job
- What we learned on the job, might not get us our next job
- What used to make money, no longer makes money
- We're competing for jobs around the world
What are some key strategies we can anchor to?
- Entrepreneurism is a way to find and be what's next
- Our job security comes from our capabilities and network
- Our job security also comes from our ability and willingness to relocate and learn new skills
- In a digital economy, information products are king
- If we combine our passion + purpose + profit, we find a sustainable way forward
- One of the best ways to find a new job, is to create one
It's time to learn new skills. It's time to learn how to be an infopreneur. Whether it's your first profession or your second profession, it's time to learn how to sell your experience, skills, and talents in the digital economy. Whether you are a project manager selling How To guides, or a doctor selling your apps, or a developer selling your books, or a teacher selling your songs ... now is the time.
But we need to be taught how to fish. Giving us fish won't work. But how do you learn the skills you need to create and sell information products online if you don't even know where to start?
One of the best primers I've been sharing with family, friends, and colleagues is The Six Figure Second Income. It shows you how to make money as an infopreneur and how to put it all together, end-to-end.
I think it has many of the answers for helping people find a way to survive and thrive in our ever-changing times.
The road is not easy, but you first need to know the path.