I’ve put together a comprehensive collection of leadership quotes. It took me a bit longer than I expected, but I wanted a lot of things to be right. I wanted to choose the best quotes. I wanted to organize them in useful and meaningful categories. I wanted this particular collection to really say something on the art of leadership from a variety of perspective and people, drawing from the wisdom of the ages and modern sages.
There’s always room for improvement, but I think you enjoy the richness, breadth, and depth of the collection. To bring you the best insights, I draw from a number of folks that have something to say about leadership, including Gandhi, John Maxwell, George Patton, Ralph Waldo Emerson, and Sun Tzu. It puts a lot of wisdom right at your fingertips with a wealth of perspective and depth on the art of leadership.
To make the collection fast and easy to skim or to read in depth, I've organized the leadership quotes collection across a variety of categories, including boldness, challenges, communication, connection, conviction, credibility, encouragement, fear, heart, influence, inspiration, learning, self-leadership, servant-leadership, teamwork, and vision.
To give you a taste of the collection, here are the top ten leadership quotes from the leadership quotes collection …
Top 10 Leadership Quotes
- “A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way.” – John C. Maxwell
- “A real leader faces the music, even when he doesn’t like the tune.” – Anonymous
- “All Leadership is influence.” — John C. Maxwell
- “Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way.” — General George Patton
- “Leadership is the capacity to translate vision into reality.” — Warren Bennis
- “Managers help people see themselves as they are; Leaders help people to see themselves better than they are.” — Jim Rohn
- “The art of leadership is saying no, not yes. It is very easy to say yes.” — Tony Blair
- “The price of greatness is responsibility.” — Winston Churchill
- “When the effective leader is finished with his work, the people say it happened naturally.” — Lao Tzu
For more words of wisdom on the art of leadership, check out the full collection of leadership quotes.