It’s time to rattle the cage People have been asking me for this, and now it’s finally here. The Kindle version of Getting Results the Agile Way is now available. It’s a personal results system for work and life. Whether you want to find your mojo, or take your personal effectiveness to the next level, or simply have a better day, this book is for you, or somebody you know.
People around the world have shared with me their personal stories and wins. I know a restaurant owner that renovated his business using Getting Results the Agile Way. I know a teacher inspiring her peers to get their game on using Getting Results. I know teams of consultants using Getting Results the Agile Way to achieve better, faster, simpler results and it’s contagious. Even my Mom used it to tackle a few big projects on her house. You can read the testimonials and success stories on Getting Results.com.
This books puts in your hand the same system I’ve used to create high-performing teams, help individuals flourish, and coach teams to unleash their best.
Getting Results in today’s landscape is tough. Our world changes faster than we can keep up. Worse, we don’t always have the best practices for managing focus, managing our time, managing our energy, or even basic productivity. Agile Results is a simple system for meaningful results that combines some of the best methods for thinking, feeling, and taking action. To put it another way, Agile Results is a way to help you make the most of work and life.
You are the author of your life. I created this system as a way to put it all together and help you write your story forward. By using three wins to drive your day, your week, your month, and your year, you take charge of your life and live life on your terms. By spending your time on the right things, with the right energy, with the right approach, you unleash your best. As you learn and respond, you build momentum. This momentum carries you forward, supporting everything you do.
This is the playbook I wish somebody gave me. Now, I’m sharing it with you.
Key Features of the Book
The book has several compelling features for slicing and dicing the personal effectiveness body of knowledge:
- Principles, patterns, and practices. It’s a rich collection of proven practices, smart success patterns, and timeless principles. Because it’s a principle-based system, you have wisdom of the ages at your finger tips. It’s wisdom in action.
- Meaningful results. It’s not about getting more things done. It’s about meaningful results. By getting clarity on you want to accomplish, you
- It’s a system. It’s more than a book. It’s a system. With the system on your side, you automatically build better habits and practices that bring out your best.
- It’s simple. By simple, I do mean simple. There is no other system like it. If you simply write down three wins for your day, you’re doing Getting Results the Agile Way. More importantly, if you fall off the horse, it’s easy to get back on.
- It’s flexible. It’s incredibly flexible and it stretches to fit your needs. Rather than hard and fast rules, it’s a platform of principles, patterns, and practices that you can easily adapt or modify to suit your personal style. It’s YOUR personal results system.
Contents at a Glance
The full Getting Results Guide is available for free on Getting Results.com in HTML. This is the contents of the guide at a glance:
- Chapter 1 - Why Agile Results
- Chapter 2 - Agile Results Overview
- Chapter 3 - Values, Principles, and Practices
- Chapter 4 - Hot Spots
- Chapter 5 - Monday Vision, Daily Outcomes, and Friday Reflection
- Chapter 6 - Design Your Day
- Chapter 7 - Design Your Week
- Chapter 8 - Design Your Month
- Chapter 9 - Design Your Year
- Chapter 10 - Results Frame, Personas, and Pitfalls
- Chapter 11 - 25 Keys to Results
- Chapter 12 - 25 Strategies for Results
- Chapter 13 - Motivation
- Chapter 14 - Mindsets and Metaphors
I’m a fan of making it easy to get started. Like I said, if you simply write down three wins for your day, you’re doing Getting Results. But to help you get started fast, here is the one-page guide on Getting Started with Getting Results.
The Knowledge Base
The Getting Results Knowledge Base picks up where the book leaves off. It’s a serious collection of patterns and practices for improving your focus, motivation, time management, and more. The knowledge base includes:
By the way, these are no ordinary guidelines in there. For example, somebody I know is using the focus guidelines to build coping mechanisms for ADD, as an alternative to drugs. If you get a chance to explore the focus guidelines, you’ll see why.
Watch a Short Video Story of Getting Results the Agile Way
Ed Jeziersky hops around the world helping doctors and patients deal with large-scale disasters. What does he use to lead his teams? … You guessed it. Here is Ed on Getting Results the Agile Way.
I have a lot of people to thank for helping me make this book happen. In addition to my loyal readers of Sources of Insight, I’d like to thank the following people for helping me with this book:
Adam Grocholski, Alik Levin, Andrew Kazyrevich, Andy Eunson, Andrea Fox, Anutthara Bharadwaj, Brian Maslowski, Chaitanya Bijwe, Chenelle Bremont, Daniel Rubiolo Mendoza, David K. Stewart, David Wright, David Zinger, Dennis Groves, Don Willits, Donald Latumahina, Dr. Rick Kirschner, Eduardo Jezierski, Eileen Meier, Erin M. Karp, Ethan Zaghmut, Gloria Campbell, Gordon Meier, Janine de Nysschen, Jason Taylor, Jeremy Bostron, Jill Heron, Jimmy May, John Allen, John deVadoss, Julian Gonzalez, Juliet du Preez, Kevin Lam, Larry Brader, Loren Kohnfelder, Mark Curphey, Michael Kropp, Michael Stiefel, Mike de Libero, Mike Torres, Mohammad Al-Sabt, Molly Clark, Olivier Fontana, Patrick Lanfear, Paul Enfield, Per Vonge Nielsen, Peter Larsson, Phil Huang, Prashant Bansode, Praveen Rangarajan, Richard Diver, Rob Boucher Jr., Rohit Sharma, Rudolph Araujo, Samantha Sieverling, Sameer Tarey, Scott Hanselman, Scott Stabbert, Scott Young, Sean Platt, Srinath Vasireddy, Steve Kayser, Tom Draper, Vidya Vrat Agarwal, Wade Mascia.
Key Links at a Glance
Here are the key links at a glance: