If you’re interested in development with the Microsoft Windows Phone, this map is for you. Microsoft has an extensive collection of developer guidance available in the form of Code Samples, How Tos, Videos, and Training. The challenge is -- how do you find all of the various content collections? … and part of that challenge is knowing *exactly* where to look. This is where the map comes in. It helps you find your way around the online jungle and gives you short-cuts to the treasure troves of available content.
The Windows Phone Developer Guidance Map helps you kill a few birds with one stone:
- It show you the key sources of Windows Phone content and where to look (“teach you how to fish”)
- It gives you an index of the main content collections (Code Samples, How Tos, Videos, and Training)
- You can also use the map as a model for creating your own map of developer guidance.
Download the Windows Phone Developer Guidance Map
Contents at a Glance
- Sources of Windows Phone Developer Guidance
- Windows Phone Architecture
- Topics and Features Map (a “Lens” for Finding Windows Phone Content)
- How The Map is Organized (Organizing the “Content Collections”)
- Getting Started
- Architecture and Design
- Code Samples
- How Tos
Mental Model of the Map
The map is a simple collection of content types from multiple sources, organized by common tasks, common topics, and Windows Phone features:
Special Thanks …
Special thanks to Adam Grocholski, Allison Kent, Constanze Roman, Dan Reagan, Dragos Manolescu, Georgia Pettigrove, Kevin Lam, Mark Chamberlain, Paul Enfield, Pete Brown, Srinivas Iragavarapu, and Will Clevenger for helping me find and round up our various content collections.
Enjoy and share the map with a friend.
My Related Posts