If you’re an ASP.NET developer or you need to learn ASP.NET, this map is for you. Microsoft has an extensive collection of developer guidance available in the form of Code Samples, How Tos, Videos, and Training. The challenge is — how do you find all of the various content collections? … and part of that challenge is knowing *exactly* where to look. This is where the map comes in. It helps you find your way around the online jungle and gives you short-cuts to the treasure troves of available content.
The ASP.NET Developer Guidance Map helps you kill two birds with one stone:
- It show you the key sources of ASP.NET content and where to look (“teach you how to fish”)
- It gives you an index of the main content collections (Code Samples, How Tos, Videos, and Training)
You can also use the map as a model for creating your own map of developer guidance.
Download the ASP.NET Developer Guidance Map
Contents at a Glance
- Sources of ASP.NET Developer Guidance
- Topics and Features Map (a “Lens” for Finding ASP.NET Content)
- Summary Table of Topics
- How The Map is Organized (Organizing the “Content Collections”)
- Getting Started
- Architecture and Design
- Code Samples
- How Tos
Mental Model of the Map
The map is a simple collection of content types from multiple sources, organized by common tasks, common topics, and ASP.NET features:
Special Thanks …
Special thanks to Joe Stagner, Paul Enfield, Rick Anderson, Scott Hanselman, Tim Teebken, and Wade Pickett for helping me find and round up our various content collections.
Enjoy. Share the map with a friend.