I have a guest post, Lesson in Software from Mike de Libero, on Shaping Software. Mike was a security tester on the Microsoft Office team and has a variety of experiences under his belt. Here is a summary of his lessons:
- Lesson 1. All software is flawed.
- Lesson 2. Check-in often.
- Lesson 3. Tests, gotta love them.
- Lesson 4. Refactor, check-in and repeat.
- Lesson 5. Coding is easy, humans are tough.
- Lesson 6. The more eyes on your code the better.
- Lesson 7. Keep learning and improving.
- Lesson 8. Simple is beautiful.
- Lesson 9. Learn software development not coding.
- Lesson 10. Think about your audience.
You can read an explanation of the lessons in his post, Lesson in Software from Mike de Libero.