I'm honored to have a guest post at Sources of Insight from Dr. Ken Sylvester on The Top 5 Characteristics of Leaders. Dr. Sylvester has taught Negotiation Strategies at Microsoft for many years. He's president of Organization Strategy Institute (OSI) and has more than 35 years of experience as a leadership and management consultant and professional negotiator.
Here's a summary of Dr. Sylvester's top five characteristics of leaders:
- Characteristic 1. Depersonalization: Neutralize Ego-Centric Thinking
- Characteristic 2. Self-Control and Emotional Maturity:
- Characteristic 3. Emotional Maturity: Avoid “Dancing” To Others’ Psychological Music
- Characteristic 4. Manage Failure: Expect Setbacks
- Characteristic 5. Cope with Imperfection: Guard Your Expectations