We posted a new version of our patterns & practices Mobile Application Architecture Pocket Guide. It's a significant update from our earlier release. Special thanks to Rob Tiffany and Rabi Satter for helping reshape and improve the guide. Rob Tiffany is a Microsoft Mobility Architect so he brings a ton of customer experience to the table. Rabi Satter is a Microsoft Program Manager and formerly a Mobility Consultant. He has a long history of partner consulting and blogging on mobile and embedded platforms.
The key changes include:
- Improved precision and relevancy for mobile.
- Improved the figure of the canonical mobile application.
- Elaborated on the "why" and rationale for certain decisions.
- Elaboration on handling connections
Chapters At a Glance
Here’s the chapters at a glance:
- Ch 01 – Mobile Application Architecture
- Ch 02 – Architecture and Design Guidelines
- Ch 03 - Presentation Layer Guidelines
- Ch 04 - Business Layer Guidelines
- Ch 05 - Data Access Layer Guidelines
- Ch 06 - Service Layer Guidelines
- Ch 07 - Communication Guidelines
- Ch 08 - Deployment Patterns