We posted our patterns & practices Performance Engineering Cheat Sheet to our Application Architecture Knowledge Base on CodePlex. It’s a bird’s-eye view of applying our performance techniques to the life cycle. The techniques and approach shipped with VSTS/MSF Agile starting in 2005.
Performance Engineering Overlay
Here’s a view that overlays our key performance techniques alongside common software engineering activities:
Key Activities in the Life Cycle
The core activities you should consider performing include the following:
- Performance Objectives.
- Performance Modeling.
- Performance Design Guidelines.
- Performance Design Inspections.
- Performance Code Inspections.
- Performance Testing.
- Performance Health Metrics.
- Performance Deployment Inspections.
- Capacity Planning.
You can read more about these techniques and how to apply them to your software architecture and your software development life cycle on our Cheat Sheet – patterns & practices Performance Engineering.
You can find more information on performance engineering at:
- Performance Engineering (GuidanceShare)
- patterns & practices Performance Modeling
- patterns & practices Performance Testing Guidance for Web Applications
My Related Posts