As part of our patterns & practices Application Architecture 2.0 project, we created a set of application architecture checklists to help sweep our guide. The act of creating the checklists, forces us to revisit the guidance. We’re still sweeping the guidance, but we’re ready to share the checklists. Improving the checklists improves the guide. As a side benefit, you get handy checklists you can use as a baseline for your own checklists for application architecture.
Application Architecture Checklists
- Presentation Layer Checklist
- Business Layer Checklist
- Data Access Layer Checklist
- Service Layer Checklist
- Web Application Checklist
- Rich Internet Application (RIA) Checklist
- Rich Client Application Checklist
- Service Archetype Checklist
- Mobile Application Checklist
Feedback on the Checklists
To provide feedback on the checklists, you can make your comments either here on my blog or in the App Arch KB forums.
My Related Posts