patterns & practices Acceptance Test Engineering (Beta 1) is now available.
Here’s the key scenarios the guide addresses:
- How to Plan for Acceptance Testing
- What Kinds of Acceptance Tests to Run
- How to Create and Run Acceptance Tests
- Defining What “Done” Means
- How to Justify Your Approach
How The Guide is Organized
The guide is organized in 3 parts:
- PART I – THINKING MODELS: an overview of acceptance testing and explains several models that are useful in conceptual thinking about acceptance testing.
- PART II – THUMBNAILS: a thumbnail is a short overview of a practice that explains what it is, when you may want to use it, the risks that it mitigates, and an overview of how to perform the practice.
- PART III – SAMPLES: a collection of sample artifacts generated by applying different practices in a fictional real-world situation for Global Bank.
- Acceptance Test Engineering Home (CodePlex)