- Book, 180-200 pages in length. Descriptive & conversational tone. Lots of diagrams.
- The guide will provide a description/overview of the Microsoft custom app dev platform and the main technologies and capabilities within it.
- The guide will provide guidance to help folks choose the right architecture for their application.
- The guide will provide guidance to help folks choose the right technologies for their application (with particular focus where there are multiple/overlapping MS technologies that could be applied).
- The guide will provide guidance on the C3, architectural ‘–ility’ issues to be considered – performance, security, scalability, manageability, deployment, communication, etc.
- The guide will not provide detailed how-to/checklist guidance on any one technology/app type/technique/pattern/-ility, but it will serve to provide jumping off points to more detailed guidance.
- The guide will be structured around a canonical app frame that describes at a meta-level, the tiers and layers that an architect should consider. Each tier/layer will be described in terms of its focus, function, capabilities, common design patterns and technologies.
- The guide will describe 5-7 canonical application archetypes to illustrate common application types. Each archetype will be described in terms of the target scenarios, technologies, patterns and infrastructure it contains. Each archetype will be mapped to the canonical app frame.
- It will be noted that some apps will not fall cleanly into these archetypes, and that they are illustrative of common app types and not comprehensive or definitive.
My Related Posts