You can build your own guide using Guidance Explorer. Guidance Explorer is a front-end browser optimized for our patterns & practices guidance store. Here's some of the usage scenarios:
- Build a guide of your favorite patterns & practices items.
- Build a custom set of guidelines for your team.
- Build a custom checklist for a security or performance inspection.
- Build a customized guide for your customer.
Summary of Steps
- Step 1. Create a new view.
- Step 2. Add items to your view.
- Step 3. Save your view as a Word doc.
Step 1. Create a new view.
To create a new view, right-click My Views and click New View. Name your view.
Step 2. Add items to your view.
For this example, select some items from the patterns & practices library node and drag and drop them into your view. Note that you can edit the items. Just double-click to bring up the item, then click Edit. Once you are happy with your changes then you can save to your read write libraries (such as My Library.) You can also create new items. For example, right-click My Library and click New Item. You can then add your new item to your View by dragging and dropping.
Step 3. Save your view as a Word doc.
Once you are happy with items in your view, right-click the view and save it as a Word doc. Note that you can also choose to save it as HTML.
Voila! You now have your very own, custom guide.
My Related Posts