Today we release the final version of our patterns & practices: Team Development with Visual Studio Team Foundation Server. It’s our Microsoft playbook for Team Foundation Server. It shows you how to make the most of the Team Foundation Server. It’s a compendium of proven practices, product team recommendations, and insights from the field.
Key Changes Since Beta 1
- We added guidelines for build, project management and reporting.
- We added practices at a glance for build, project management, and reporting.
- We added a chapter to summarize key Visual Studio 2008 changes.
- We revamped our Internet access strategies.
- We did a full sweep of the guide.
- We completed more thorough product team reviews for key chapters.
Contents at a Glance
- Part I, Fundamentals
- Part II, Source Control
- Part III, Builds
- Part IV, Large Project Considerations
- Part V, Project Management
- Part VI, Process Templates
- Part VII, Reporting
- Part VIII, Setting Up and Maintaining the Team Environment
- Part IX, Visual Studio 2008 Team Foundation Server
- Ch 01 – Introducing the Team Environment
- Ch 02 – Team Foundation Server Architecture
- Ch 03 – Structuring Projects and Solutions in Source Control
- Ch 04 – Structuring Projects and Solutions in Team Foundation Source Control
- Ch 05 – Defining Your Branching and Merging Strategy
- Ch 06 – Managing Source Control Dependencies in Visual Studio Team System
- Ch 07 – Team Build Explained
- Ch 08 – Setting Up Continuous Integration with Team Build
- Ch 09 – Setting Up Scheduled Builds with Team Build
- Ch 10 – Large Project Considerations
- Ch 11 – Project Management Explained
- Ch 12 – Work Items Explained
- Ch 13 – Process Templates Explained
- Ch 14 – MSF for Agile Software Development Projects
- Ch 15 – Reporting Explained
- Ch 16 – Installation and Deployment
- Ch 17 – Providing Internet Access to Team Foundation Server
- Ch 18 – What’s New in Visual Studio 2008 Team Foundation Server
Contributors and Reviewers
- External Contributors / Reviewers: David P. Romig, Sr; Dennis Rea; Eugene Zakhareyev; Leon Langleyben; Martin Woodward; Michael Rummier; Miguel Mendoza; Mike Fourie; Quang Tran; Sarit Tamir; Tushar More; Vaughn Hughes
- Microsoft Contributors / Reviewers: Aaron Hallberg; Ahmed Salijee; Ajay Sudan; Ajoy Krishnamoorthy; Alan Ridlehoover; Alik Levin; Ameya Bhatawdekar; Bijan Javidi; Bill Essary; Brett Keown; Brian Harry; Brian Keller; Brian Moore; Buck Hodges; Burt Harris; Conor Morrison; David Caufield; David Lemphers; Doug Neumann; Edward Jezierski; Eric Blanchet; Eric Charran; Graham Barry; Gregg Boer; Grigori Melnik; Janet Williams Hepler; Jeff Beehler; Jose Parra; Julie MacAller; Ken Perilman; Lenny Fenster; Marc Kuperstein; Mario Rodriguez; Matthew Mitrik; Michael Puleio; Nobuyuki Akama; Paul Goring; Pete Coupland; Peter Provost; Granville (Randy) Miller; Rob Caron; Robert Horvick; Rohit Sharma; Ryley Taketa; Sajee Mathew; Siddharth Bhatia; Tom Hollander; Tom Marsh; Venky Veeraraghavan
My Related Posts