Today we released our Beta 1 of Team Development with Visual Studio Team Foundation Server Guide. It's our Microsoft playbook for TFS. This is our guide to help show you how to make the most of Team Foundation Server. It's a distillation of many lessons learned. It's a collaborative effort among product team members, field, industry experts, MVPs, and customers.
Contents at a Glance
- Part I, Fundamentals
- Part II, Source Control
- Part III, Builds
- Part IV, Large Project Considerations
- Part V, Project Management
- Part VI, Process Guidance
- Part VII, Reporting
- Part VIII, Setting Up and Maintaining the Team Environment
- Ch 01 - Introducing the Team Environment
- Ch 02 - Team Foundation Server Architecture
- Ch 03 - Structuring Projects and Solutions
- Ch 04 - Structuring Projects and Solutions in Team Foundation Server
- Ch 05 - Defining Your Branching and Merging Strategy
- Ch 06 - Managing Source Control Dependencies in Visual Studio Team System
- Ch 07 - Team Build Explained
- Ch 08 - Setting Up Continuous Integration with Team Build
- Ch 09 - Setting Up Scheduled Builds with Team Build
- Ch 10 - Large Project Considerations
- Ch 11 - Project Management Explained
- Ch 12 - Work Items Explained
- Ch 13 – MSF Agile Projects
- Ch 14 - Process Templates Explained
- Ch 15 - Reporting Explained
- Ch 16 - Team Foundation Server Deployment
- Ch 17 - Providing Internet Access to Team Foundation Server
About Our Team
- Prashant Bansode - Prashant's an experienced guidance builder and a master of execution. He's a solid pillar on the team.
- Jason Taylor - Jason's a master of results. I've worked with Jason across a few projects. He always hits the ground running and accelerates from there.
- Alex Mackman - I worked with Alex on Building Secure ASP.NET Applications, Improving Perf and Scale, and Improving .NET Performance and Scalability, so it's great to have him back.
- Kevin Jones - Kevin is new to our team, but getting up to speed fast. He brings a wealth of Visual Studio Team System experience to the table.
Contributors and Reviewers
Here's our contributors and reviewers so far:
- Microsoft: Ajay Sudan; Ajoy Krishnamoorthy; Alan Ridlehoover; Alik Levin; Bijan Javidi; Buck Hodges; Burt Harris; Doug Neumann; Edward Jezierski; Eric Charran; Graham Barry; Jeff Beehler; Julie MacAller; Ken Perilman; Mario Rodriguez; Marc Kuperstein; Matthew Mitrik; Michael Puleio; Nobuyuki Akama; Paul Goring; Pete Coupland; Peter Provost; Rob Caron; Robert Horvick; Rohit Sharma; Sajee Mathew; Siddharth Bhatia; Tom Hollander; Venky Veeraraghavan
- External: David P. Romig, Sr; Eric Blanchet; Leon Langleyben; Martin Woodward; Quang Tran; Sarit Tamir; Tushar More; Vaughn Hughes; Michael Rummier