The Team Foundation Server Branching Guidance whitepaper is now available! It’s a comprehensive whitepaper that covers strategies, patterns and anti-patterns for branching and merging with TFS. You can view the branching guidance online or you can download the PDF version.
Branching Guidance Index
- Parallel Development
- Branching Defined
- Creating Isolation in Team Foundation Server
- General Branching Structure Guidance
- Branching Strategies
- Broad Areas of Branching Isolation
- Creating Your Branching Strategy
- Defining Your Code Promotion Model
- Feature Crews: How Microsoft Does It
- End-to-End Implementation Scenario
My team works closely with Graham and Mario of the Branching Guidance team as we build out our patterns & practices VSTS Guidance Project. We’re sharing learnings and synchronizing recommendations as we go along. We’ll be adding more cross-references to the Branching Guidance Project and VSTS product documentation on MSDN from our guidance so you can easily hop for more information.