Today ends my 30 day experiment eating living foods. I’m a burger and pizza boy at heart, so this was a big change. Friends and family noticed my slimmer look and healthy glow. A friend of mine said I found the Fountain of Youth.
Here’s what I noticed:
- dropped 12 pounds
- had enough energy to start working out again
- shed my skin
- eliminated sinus issues I had for a life time
- stayed healthy while others got sick
- maintained peak performance throughout my days
- got the eye of the tiger back
I didn’t expect to shed my skin so that surprised me, but I liked what was underneath. I was also surprised by how some issues were dietary vs. natural. Nature vs. nurture strikes again!
Friends asked me what practices I’ll carry forward:
- more water over soda
- balance my bad foods with more good foods (I’ll eat my veggies – Mom will be proud)
- raw vegetables over cooked
- stick with my workouts (again to balance my bad foods)
- more frequent meals
Most importantly, I learned how to effectively do living foods for 30 days. This means, I can choose to do 30 day tune ups throughout the year. What I walk away with is a better idea of how foods affect me, how to balance my bad foods with good, and how to tune my body when I get run down (or need to fend the flu season).
We’re such thinking, feeling, doing creatures at heart and food has such a big impact on the way we think and feel. I’m going to explore more options. A friend of mine suggested testing intuitive eating, where you eat what your body craves, not what you mind thinks it wants.