What should Josh write about?

Now that I’ve proven there are at least 5 non Microsoft people reading this blog I’d like to do a service to those 5 people.  What would you like to me write about next?

I have no shortage of potential topics. I could talk more about software testing, new Whidbey IDE stuff (within reason), more VS.NET 2003 “How To’s”, the VS User Community Space and what we are working on there, <insert your suggestion here>, or I could just post pictures of my Bernese Mountain dog.  🙂

josh

1. Wallym says:

I would like to hear more about VS.NET 2003 howtos and suggestions regarding current code.

Wally

2. There are at least 6. What I appreciate most is that there is a mix of future looking posts and here and now posts. "This is coming, but until you get it here are some tricks to overcome the lack of it now" are always gems that I like to tuck into my toolbelt.

3. JHuber says:

I’d like to hear more about that mountain dog 🙂

4. Darron says:

I’d like to see some posts about testing (specifically about unit testing). And whidbey IDE stuff is always good.

5. Definitely Whidbey IDE Stuff, I’d love to hear more about it.

6. Louis Parks says:

Thanks for the offer!

I vote for integration and regression testing as well as VS 2k3 stuff. When I can use Whidbey, I’ll be more interested in what it can do.

7. Andy says:

hi there

I would love to know about about any best practices with regard to unit testing a class/class library. Atm I am writing a console application for each library. I have looked at Nunit but cant see how to utilize it without a second project,any pointers, walkthroughs would be much appreciated.

Andy

8. milbertus says:

I’m all for the new Whidbey IDE stuff myself. It’s not like I don’t already have enough reason to look forward to it, anyway. 😉

9. Kent Tegels says:

Syndicating Refactors 🙂

10. The daily list of stuff I found interesting while blogreading.

11. Mark Levison says:

More stuff about testing. GUI testing. More ideas on spotting boundary conditions. Anything we can use now.

Whidbey is interesting, but even after its released we will have to wait a while before we use it. Our product will have to continue to target the 1.1 CLR for a a while to come.

12. Meesh says:

Can you define the difference between a test case and a test plan?

13. jledgard says:

Meesh. Typcially a test plan is in refference to a collection test cases that are all needed to test a larger component. A test plan might also discuss the higher level stratagy and approach for testing the larger component in question and answer questions like "What is the code coverage goal? Is the testing automated or manual? What dates do we expect the testing be complete?"

14. Kyria says:

I want to see pictures of the dog! 🙂

15. Josh Ledgard says:

MOre dogs huh? I’ll see if I can’t do that in the future.