If you haven’t seen them you should check out the PowerToys projects for Visual Studio that my team created a while back. I’ve been impressed with the level of involvement and support from the VS community for these tools.
Anyway, tonight I decided to do some coding. Since devs around here are fixing the piles of Whidbey bugs my testers have logged I figured I could fix some for the VB Commenter project. Here are some of the bigger fixes now included:
• International Chars in comments now supported and we use the default system encoding instead of just UTF-8.
• Fixed the problem with class attributes and line continuations. <Attribute> _ will now work
• <Include> tag now supports absolute as well as relative paths
• The withevents keyword was giving us problems. It no longer does.
• No longer problems with people who decide to name variables “namespaceXXX”
• Command line builds should now work!
Next I’m going to spend some time working in the VSCMDShell project and move it along to a usable beta. Want to help?